That’s No Elephant…

May 2, 2013

Well, yesterday I finally received my high poly elephant from my artist. 9 days later than promised, and almost a month overdue. There are no words to describe the panic and dissappointment that went through my mind when I opened that file. I saw the sculpt in zbrush and it seemed usable. This model though, is really not what I was expecting and has not met the requirements that I gave my artist.

I will admit to having wasted a bit of time worrying, panicking and wondering what the next steps I should take are. There is relatively little time left on this project now.

Thankfully, another student has offered to create a new high poly elephant for me, working from the original low poly. His work is seriously impressive and Im excited to see what he can produce in just 5 days. I have informed him I can push back starting rendering until Monday, but thats the longest I can wait. This delay means I absolutely have to drop the majority of the scenes with the elephant. Ill just have to aim to get the three most important ones completed.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.