The 60 days on my Golden Lion design were finally up at the end of October, so I’ve finally been able to submit it elsewhere. It went up for voting on Threadless late last night. Fingers crossed it does well; the $2000 prize fund would be very nice right now with Christmas rapidly approaching! But anyway, since I’ve never had anything up at Threadless before, Im unsure of how harsh the voting process is etc, so I genuinely have no idea what is a good score and what is a bad score. I guess Ill find out in a week or so.
You can have a look at the design here
Yup, Im totally still going with this tshirt designing thing. This week Shirt.Woot have done something super exciting. They’ve given the artists permission to do a design using metallic gold ink. Wooooo. SHINY!! Seriously pleased with how this weeks design turned out.
If you like it, and you’ve bought something from Woot, a nice little plus one vote would be very appreciated 😉
This project moved on nicely from the human walk cycle. We had six weeks in total to create both a four legged walkcycle (start -> walk -> stop) and then a flight cycle (take off -> flight -> landing). It was an intense project but extremely satisfying. I was much happier with the result of my four legged than with my flight cycle.
This was the first project in which we paired up with the artists (modellers) on our course. The animators created rigs and animated them while the artists created models that would be moved by the animated rigs so that the final result was a realistic CG creature walking and flying. This was in fact the first year that Glamorgan allowed first years to be artists instead of animators and it meant they had shuffled up the course slightly. This was the first time they had tried pairing us up and all of us hit various snags on the way. One of the biggest problems was combining our work at the end of the six weeks. Many of us just couldn’t get the animations loaded up on to the models. Thankfully myself and my partner (Fen) were more successful than most although we did still hit a few problems. One of the most noticeable is the strange “click” of joints the lion developed when we put it all together.
None the less this was a great project and we were both extremely pleased with the results.